Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cold, colder, coldest.

Holy Snow Batman!
It snowed quite a bit here a few days ago, and it has been bitter cold ever since. I am a failed Canadian since I cannot handle the cold anymore.
I had my art club meeting the other day, and I feel better about it. I am trying not to feel judged, and I do serve a purpose in that I am introducing them to new art processes every time. They have pretty much been a strictly watercolour/pastel group and are just now trying the occasional acrylic paint. This is where I come in handy...I am an art supply addict. I have everything you can imagine. I love buying and using all kinds of supplies, and every time I come to the club I have a different project I am working on. Since I love the process part of art I am always experimenting with different techniques that I have learned about through books or magazines. Some of the other women are interested in looking at what I am doing which is cool. I know it makes some of them uncomfortable, but I have to not take that so personally. They are just completely new to the concept of altered art.
I am off to putter in the basement!
Ta Ta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're making an impact! That's brilliant!