Sunday, July 18, 2010


So I have decided to just blog about my life...if I restrict myself to art I just don't write anything..and then the point of a blog seems...well...um...pointless.
So since I just downloaded a bunch of photos from my phone I am going to blah blah blah for awhile.
So, I get on these tangents...where I wanted to knit..so I tried to learn, and then after knitting about 2.5 scarves that were pretty crappy I quit. I wish I had kept with it, and at some point I want to really learn how to do it..but my point was that I checked out lots of books, and bought yarn and knitting needles...luckily I did not go too crazy, but now they are just sitting there waiting for me to use them..I hope they are not holding their breath. I also did this with collage art...I have a million stamps, and stamp pads, embossing powders, heat gun, paper, paint, markers, gel pens...although to be fair I do actually use all that stuff..just not how I had planned.
I just cannot get into some of the collage art out there. Their messages are always "find the joy" and "dream", "inspire" and shit like that. That is just not how I roll, do those people really believe that junk? or do they just think they should...I know I am not always full of sunshine and light, but I just want to light that stuff on fire and tell them to dig deeper and be real! There is little humour, or at least little humour that I enjoy in that type of work that I have seen so far. There is silly, but that is not the same as funny. rant rant rant.
Now I am into embroidery..which is waaaaaaaay easier then knitting for me. I am much better at it and am really having fun. I have to physically stop myself from running out and buying more floss..which is not a bank breaker...but I already have too much stuff.
What else can I bore you with? hmmmmm.
I am really looking forward to when my son starts preschool. I will finally have the uninterrupted time to finish some projects that have been hanging around for years.
Okay, I am going to now try to post some photos..wish me luck.

No comments: