Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I went to my art guild meeting tonight. I like it because it gets me away from home for a few hours and I get some work done. If I stay home then I get nothing done. Here comes the "but"....HOLY CRAP they are old!!!!!!!!!!
All they talked about was chronic pain, and morphine drips and too much caffeine. Also bad eyesight, and blood thinners. I know that complaining about this may make me come across as unfeeling but I do feel bad for them...but I don't want to always listen to their medical complaints.
I realize growing old sucks, and they just want a kind ear, and I do give that to them while I am there but it is depressing. I don't want depressing, I want collaboration and inspiration and technique sharing. poop.
whine, whine, whine. but most of them are actually really nice and I really value this time away from the home. I have gotten more work done going to these meetings than I have in a long, long time.

No comments: