Monday, March 15, 2010

I am quite excited...I have just signed up to participate in my first ATC swap. ATCs are Artist Trading Cards...basically tiny 2.5 x 3.5 pieces of artwork that you trade with other artists. I am participating in a mixed media swap, and will post images of the finished products when they are done.
I am really trying to meet and connect with other artists, right now my only way is through the internet. Technically I do know some local artists, but they have no interest in mixed media and are not interested in anything other than watercolours or pastels. That is fine, but I would like to expand my art community to include people who don't stare at me like I am on fire when I mention other mediums to work with.
Mostly I just have to get over the fear. The fear of doing it wrong, the fear of unoriginality, the fear of having nothing to say that anyone wants to hear.
So fingers crossed I am going to leap on in, balls out, no parachute, and just try my best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leap in there. There is no such thing as wrong in Mixed Media only happy accidents.
I'm in the swap so see you there - it's a great group

Gillian (in Australia)

Jennifer said...

Happy accidents are something I am going to enjoy!
Thanks for leaving a comment :)This should be fun!